Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Martian Rap: Lil Wayne

Umm...Sasha Frere Jones was clearly speaking out of turn when he recently sermoned the funeral of hip-hop (one Nas album too late, homey). Luckily, hip-hop's vitality was chivilrously defended by crowd favorites Das Racist, and bookworm homeboy Sam Han. Next chiming in to this forum? This guy!
Ugh. And I don't mean no regular ugh! I'm talking, curled up face, as if something stank 'UGH'. Crazy, Martian-minded, how-do-you-come-up-with this 'UGH'. Seriously, seriously 'UGH'. I have to admit fearing that Weezy's otherworldness had fallen off- it seemed that Drake's come up had drained some energy out of Wayne's lyrical delivery and was often easily outpaced by Drake's, but that was clearly a gesture of good faith, a big brother allowing little brother a head start in a foot race.

If you haven't been sitting on your hands, and didn't get the leak in 5 seconds of it's release, let me give you some key lines...just from the first song.

///"I'm a New Orleans nigga, I don't take no shit/take the brains of the whip/now it don't make no sense"

///young money, top shelf, my nigga/we're the motherfuckers, like milf, my nigga

///I'm in the zone, like a fast ball/and I fuck the game up, like a bad call/let the money stack, don't let the cash fall/bars all day/no last call

I repeat...UGH!

Wayne's other bajillion mixtapes are the mash potatoes, this is the gravy.


^download some fixins

SFJ, it would probably do you some good to take even a quick listen to this and send a formal letter of apology to hip-hop, it'll probably be expecting it.

No comments:

Look here!